Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday in Tennessee

This morning we worshiped with the brethren at Highland in Columbia. It was so wonderful to see old faces and reacquainted. After worship we went to lunch at Legends with the Jetts, Curtis and Fay, and the White's. L.G. and Curtis were so wonderful to me while we were here. They are great godly men. They are also down to earth and easy to talk to - the conversation is never boring. L.G. told us today about catching himself on fire for a few seconds burning stumps. This came on the heels of me asking what he is doing as a retired guy. The answer? Burning stumps! I told him that's better than smoking weeds. Such great people - did I mention that yet?

It was so nice spending time with the Jetts. They are such sweet and loving people. We think of them like another set of parents and the kids love them. Today Travis and I went for a quick drive in his BMW Z3 - it's a cool car. Travis really likes the loud horn he bought for it. Ahhhh - I'm really going to miss them. I think of the people at Highland often.

This evening we went to services at Spring Meadows in Spring Hill again. After services we had a nice potluck dinner. We are staying with our good friends Ed and Penny McCormick in Spring Hill. My sisters family is all sick so the McCormick's are bailing us out. It's so nice getting to spend time with them too. It's comfortable being with them - just like at home.

Although Freed's lectures were a bit disappointing to me I still enjoyed myself and learned. One thing is for sure, I have a renewed desire to study John. Bad thing is because I disagreed with most peoples exegesis of John! :) Question of the day - What is the purpose of John's gospel?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you all had such a good time. By the way "where is the silverware?" Catch ya later.
Steve