Friday, March 5, 2010

Study...


Today I sent in my article for Kaio magazine - The Christian magazine for teens. The entire issue is on Bible Study for teens, young adults, and everybody really. I have a regular column aptly named "Bible Study" that I write for in just about every issue. Sometimes I enthusiastically send my article off. Other times I hesitantly send them off, and even then only because the editor threatens my life if I don't send it NOW! When I sent my article off today I was more excited than I have ever been. It wouldn't be right for me to publish the whole thing here (why would anyone buy the magazine if they could get all the articles online for free), but I'm going to give you a little sneak peak... shhhhhhh! Don't tell the editor!
Why does any of that really matter? Well if you care about the destiny of your soul it matters. Peter speaking of Paul’s writings says that in them there “are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction” (2 Peter 3:16). Did you catch that? Destruction! Failure on your part to properly study and apply Scripture can lead to your own destruction. That is exactly what happened to the people of Israel. God says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you…” (Hosea 4:6). Are you still sure you want to leave study up to your parents, your preacher, and your Bible class teacher? Now stop reading this and start studying the Scriptures!

If you want to read the rest of it you have to get a subscription. Better yet, get a subscription for you and some teens and young adults too!

No comments: