Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mi Vida Loca

Today is just an update in the life of Caleb BLOG. It’s been an absolutely crazy day. This morning I went to my computer to finish up lots of work and my computer was not working. At 2:10 I FINALLY got it fixed – what a nightmare!

Tomorrow I am continuing a sermon series called “Square ONE: Back to the Beginning.” If you can’t tell by the title they are all lessons out of Genesis. Tomorrow we look at the great gift of freedom God gave man. The beginning reveals the freedom to chose, and yes the freedom to sin. Sin puts its ugly mark on this planet and mankind and God has been in the redemption business ever since. Well that’s the gist of the message.

Immediately following Sunday evening worship we are heading to Visalia, California. First thing Monday morning I’m speaking at the West Visalia Lectureship on “More Like Jesus in Tolerance (Romans 14).” Romans 14 is probably one of the most hotly debated passages in our brotherhood these days and they picked ME to speak on it. What’s the deal? I guess my friend Cliff Sabroe doesn’t like me too much. Yesterday I finished translating the entire passage and now it’s a matter of tweaking and reworking so that my exegesis can become proper exposition. My whole first part of the week will be spent there in Visalia. I’m looking forward to seeing some of my mentors: Denny Petrillo, Hi Jones, and Byron Benitez while I am there as well.

This week I have been grieving the loss of my American Idol Brooke White. Her moral character is something to be applauded. So Brooke, we will miss you. My wife is happy though. Now I can’t talk about her anymore :).

On a final note, last night we went and heard Frank Chesser preach at the East Main church of Christ in Stockton. It was good to see family and friends and Frank’s message on sin was very appropriate. Wayne was looking good and I pray the Lord gives him many more years of service in the Kingdom.

That’s all for now!!!

Sow the Seed,
Caleb O’Hara

No comments: